I was pretty upset by the way that this all came down, the way that it all ended up. I still am.
So, here is the update in bullets, since June.....
- I drove home for the trial;
- She petitioned the court for a delay;
- It was granted -- to September;
- I drove back home;
- Her attorney went on vacation for all of August;
- They stonewalled us on documents;
- I drove back across country again;
- They delivered a pile of documents two days before trial;
- We went to trial;
- It went badly for me;
- My lawyer was an asshat;
- He begged me to settle for 50% of his firm's worst expectation;
- I gave in and signed the papers;
- I had a long drive back across the country cursing myself.
I feel horrible about it, but want to leave it in my past...
Note to self - only date heterosexual women!